Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NYC visit, RepRap or Bust, December 7 to 17

Posted by RoundSparrow 
NYC visit, RepRap or Bust, December 7 to 17
December 01, 2007 09:33PM
So I've coaxed Zach into letting me hang out with him if I just so happened to show up in NYC next weekend.

I've got all my Reprap parts in a box, totally unassembled, and I'm bringing them all the way from San Antonio, Texas. I am volunteering to help Zach out filling website orders, molding parts, digital photos, or other low-skill labor in exchange for letting me sponge knowledge and hang out.

I'm the middle aged overweight balding white guy type, so I'm getting the better end of this deal hanging out with the cool NYC guys winking smiley

My cool thing: I happen to be lucky enough to have a job that lets me work at home do my 40 hours a week from virtually anywhere on a laptop... so my weekends and evenings are free to work on RepRap! But working at home does not do good for my figure and my work-related social life.

I haven't been to NYC in 15 years, so I'm excited on the chance to explore and make new friends.

So I'd like to invite everyone out for beers sometime on Saturday December 8. My goal is to show up Friday evening, December 7. From there I will be in NYC for 10 days and try and learn and contribute.

I think Zach has done a great job (deserves a thank "at a boy") and well, out of town visitors are always a good excuse for a party. I literally know no one in the city, so feel free to offer your services in helping me locate a place to stay, things to do, or whatever.

Hope to meet some of you and help out.

P.S. Looking for suggestions on a hotel or sublet for 10 to 15 days in south Williamsburg area.

// Stephen Gutknecht
/// Canyon Lake, Texas

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2007 11:39AM by RoundSparrow.
[groups.google.com] New NYC RepRap Meetup
Hey,

Im from germany and im in New York in September this year, is it possible to visit the holy-makerbot-men? where?

h-j
Re: NYC visit, RepRap or Bust, December 7 to 17
August 04, 2010 12:59PM
If you can make it to Maker Faire, you'll probably see them all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login