Advanced

Any one in New York City?

Posted by Talwar 
Re: Any one in New York City?
August 27, 2012 03:19PM
ramps 1.4 here. no experience with the tech zone
August 29, 2012 10:28AM
I'm in rego park and I'm working on a Mendel as well as a delta robot derivative.

Bringing 3D printing to America's classrooms.

Follow my efforts at TheChicksNest.blogspot.com
October 02, 2012 09:33AM
Zach,

Have a couple questions about Reprap machines, etc. Want to build one in the very near future.

I am close by in Queens, hopefully we can hook up.
Interested in meeting people and projects in New York City / Brooklyn as I have a project:

[plus.google.com]
February 18, 2013 09:47AM
I'm in NYC and willing to invest in bringing awareness and know how to inner city residence. Major supporter of a RBE, and this would help in the transition. Let me know your ideas, comments, questions, etc.
June 12, 2014 01:35PM
Hi all. From Nassau County, Long Island here. I currently have two printers. I have not made many parts due to many electrical issues the last few months. I now have three different sets of electronics being swapped around to find the best models for future printers I plan on building. Eventually to build a large scale combinating printer/cnc. Both of my printers do work currently, but I have to print upgraded parts to make the units more stable. If anyone is interested in meeting up/talking about printer issues/improvements, I would be interested. It may be best to PM me.
April 19, 2016 03:47AM
Here is a good article about New York. I have never been there before but I keep hoping I will some day. The Big Apple City mesmerizes me with its history and the way it looks. I love movies shot in New York and Hong Kong is one of my favorite ones. It is adventurous and glamorous Hollywood-style at the same time. The city of my dream and what is yours?
April 24, 2016 06:00PM
Awesome... I took a very long rought trying to build a FREE 3D printer from salvaged ink jet printer parts only to find out maaaaayjor compadability issues. So still in the spirit of building I'm earning Amazon gift cards and using that to slowly obtain my parts."wooohoo said the sloth" I learned a lot and found tons of valuable resources in the process. I currently have a mega 2560 ramps 1.4.1 5 step motor drivers and a full graphics XL LCD with Marlin successfully loaded. And tons of random hardware and electronics that can be used for other atomic devices. I live in queens now and would love to network with others who trying to make moves in the same field.
jut
June 22, 2016 12:33AM
I'm curious where you're from? I live in CT but work in NYC. It's a great city. If you ever go you should google about NYC etiquette for the subway, sidewalks, traffic crossing etc. Just off the cuff, I can give you advice about walking on the sidewalks. Always be mindful of people behind you. People in NYC are always in a rush and there's nothing more annoying than a group of people that stop on the sidewalk and block the way. Get familiar with the subway maps before you try to ride them, but don't be shy about asking for help like which stop should I get off etc. New Yorkers have a reputation of being mean but not if you're courteous and respectful. If you ask for help you'll get it. Also, if you are down in lower manhattan near Wall St and Battery Park, don't fall for the people trying to sell you Statue of Liberty tickets on the sidewalk. Most are legit, but some are scammers. Don't be intimidated if people are short with you. Everyone is busy, but most of them are nice people.
jut
June 22, 2016 12:35AM
I bought a Monoprice Maker Select after having done what you are doing for a CNC milling machine. I built all the CNC parts from scratch. It took a long time but was worth it because at the time a CNC kit for a milling machine was thousands of dollars. I can help you if you need it. My background is in software engineering but I have a lot of experience with electronics and embedded control systems.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login