Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Contest?

Posted by NewPerfection 
New Contest?
January 11, 2013 05:27PM
Can we get a new printing contest started? I quite enjoy participating in these contests. Is there still interest in doing this?

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
Re: New Contest?
January 12, 2013 06:28AM
Ditto

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
January 12, 2013 03:39PM
Yep, don't really care about a prize, it's just really interesting to see what different people do to optimise prints! Perhaps a monthly thing?
January 13, 2013 04:11AM
I think the Eiffel tower model would make a fantastic printing contest. It is pretty much impossible to print all the details using a standard reprap printer without scaling the model up. The challenge would be to keep all the details with the lowest scaling factor. I'd also suggest ditching the prize and keeping the contest open for a while. Anyway, that's my two cents.
January 13, 2013 08:02AM
+1 For Eiffel tower. No rules but just see who can get the most impressive print of this model?
January 14, 2013 12:39AM
Where is the STL of this?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
January 14, 2013 02:04AM
If you are starting another contest, please post the details (links to model etc.) in a new appropriately titled thread.
January 14, 2013 10:30AM
Detailed:
[www.thingiverse.com]
How tall?
January 14, 2013 10:46AM
Rather than "this is the exact model you must print in this size" how about "you must print an Eiffel Tower. Here are some models to get you started. Feel free to edit, chop change, use a different model etc the most impressive print wins" style competition?

Printing a perfect 100mm tall model would be impressive, but we might also see some 3ft high models :p

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2013 10:54AM by konwiddak.
January 14, 2013 01:30PM
Just so you are aware the Eiffel tower model requires a print size of 420mm tall with a minimum path width of 0.420mm to get the railings to even print. If you would like the model split to fit on a 100mm tall machine check out the Tantillus forum for Eiffel on Tantillus thread and you will find the model split already.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
January 15, 2013 01:22AM
This looks like a good place to start: [www.thingiverse.com]

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
January 15, 2013 04:17AM
Sublime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just so you are aware the Eiffel tower model
> requires a print size of 420mm tall with a minimum
> path width of 0.420mm to get the railings to even
> print. If you would like the model split to fit on
> a 100mm tall machine check out the Tantillus forum
> for Eiffel on Tantillus thread and you will find
> the model split already.

Yeah, I just sliced it myself, looking at the paths it was clear printing it small was just going to create a gooey mess. I didn't realise just how small the features were on this model!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login