Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Enter by February 1st 2015 to win an Ultimaker Original

Posted by ErikDeBruijn 
Enter by February 1st 2015 to win an Ultimaker Original
December 30, 2014 04:33PM
You can enter our YouMagine contest to win an Ultimaker Original if for developing a 3D printing innovation. Your proposal should be submitted by 1st of February 2015 according to the rules of the challenge.

For the rules, see this blogpost.

If you have questions, please post them at the blogpost instead of here, since our community manager Joris Peels will be keeping an eye on that space specifically for the challenge.

Happy hacking!

Regards,

Erik de Bruijn
[Ultimaker.com] - [blog.erikdebruijn.nl]
Re: Enter by February 1st 2015 to win an Ultimaker Original
December 31, 2014 06:43AM
Hmm, don`t get me wrong, the UM is a great printer...

netherless, this contest does have a little bit of the touch of a contest that was some years ago when someone tried to find a new "revolutionary" method for printing and outsourcing the whole developement to someone else for cheap money (one UM,not even a UM+ or a UM2)

I mean first of all we should develope something groundbraking new which probably takes weeks to months to design it, to win a UM (ok i can understand it until that point) so the invention is required to be able to fit on a UM.
But afterwards when the person/group won it, it sounds like he has to develope it to show up a "production-ready" state by a given deadline. (so probably 6 months of work for a UM ?)

For me this sounds like an job offer not a contest.

Don`t know if this is good reputation for a company...

Chri

edit: just saw, it won`t be read probably as well ^^

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2014 06:45AM by Chri.

[chrisu02.wordpress.com] Quadmax Intel Delid Tools
February 01, 2015 11:45AM
If you don't like it, simply don't enter.

I've never said that the work people do is worth only x amount or worth exactly a printer to us. Lot's of people are innovating for the fun of it and have to order and pay for all of the parts themselves. Just like I did when I got started. This wasn't a reason not to do it, though. I did it because I liked to build and improve 3D printers. I never expected to get paid, although if there had been a challenge and I could win a 3D printer, I would probably go for it.

I agree that getting awarded with a prize will bring some obligations to deliver something. As long as expectations are clear from the beginning, I don't see the harm in giving something away in return for something.

Don't forget that the results of the research outcomes are supposed to be shared, they become a public good. So it's not just Ultimaker benefitting, but the entire 3D printing company.

Regards,

Erik de Bruijn
[Ultimaker.com] - [blog.erikdebruijn.nl]
February 02, 2015 04:04AM
Awhhh, just missed the contest! Bummer. I had a great idea!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2015 04:05AM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
February 16, 2015 04:32AM
Will there be more ultimaker contests in the future? I have 2 selfbuilt machines now, but would really like to have an Ultimaker for the 'very important prints', or at least have a chance of winning one. Currently still studying and my funds have ran low.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2015 04:32AM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login