Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Batch 1

Posted by Emmanuel 
Batch 1
June 19, 2012 04:45PM
Don't know yet what I'll write here, but it's to have a thread about the future first batch
//
Je ne sais pas encore ce que je vais écrire ici, mais voici tout de même un topic pour la future 1ère série de machines

smiling smiley

about // liberapay // flickr // wiki // thingiverse - github
Re: Batch 1
June 22, 2012 07:54PM
Ok, I'm in the last corrections of the campaign page, fortunately some friends at the makerspace helped me to proof-read my second proposal (the first one was accepted but needed some minor changes, like a nice cover picture).

(I started to make an artwork which blend the sketch-cad-photo of the machine, and finally ended with that illustration)

So expect a launch very soon smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2012 07:56PM by Emmanuel.
July 07, 2012 06:36PM
Received more peltiers today smiling smiley

July 08, 2012 10:51PM
Emmanuel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Received more peltiers today smiling smiley

How are those working for your heated beds? I've been looking for a good solution that's not expensive like a silicone heated pad, or fixed-size like the PCB heated beds, or tedious like using aluminum-clad resistors.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
July 10, 2012 06:12PM
It work fine smiling smiley

[forums.reprap.org] (on another thread someone show a 20x20cm bed at 110°C used to print ABS, with a 50x50mm peltier that was this example that encouraged me)

I think its a nice little solution between those you listed or nichrome, quite cheap and mostly easier to install (just add some katpon and heatsink grease if you have).

I've not yet measured the real consumption, but this one is rated 80W at max anyway.
And for the expected temp gradient over the bed surface, I would be curious to have an infrared camera to see that, but my multimeter's thermocouple only reported a 2-5°C difference from center to corner.

about // liberapay // flickr // wiki // thingiverse - github
July 27, 2012 06:32PM
This week I could order 20 power supplies (I had to do it in advance or else we would have waited until September for their stock), and created a professional account for shipping at the post office smiling smiley

(a little more to read on ulule)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login