Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Foldarap #154 pic & Z-axis print start point issue

Posted by Senake 
Foldarap #154 pic & Z-axis print start point issue
May 25, 2014 06:13PM

Emmanuel & the Foldrap community,

Please find a picture of my recently built Foldarap 2 above/attached. I have got it working with Pronterface, but seem to be having an issue creating my first test print - the Open Hardware logo (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:8760).

Having leveled the bed so that the nozzle touches the surface with Z axis homed, when I start the print the motors move the nozzle up off the bed by around 7 mm. I have tried pausing the print, manually lowering the nozzle and then resuming the print but the printer raises the nozzle again before printing. Please an you let me know if yu have any ideas on why this is occurring and how it can be corrected.

Many thanks

Senake
London

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2014 06:20PM by Senake.
Attachments:
open | download - photo (11).JPG (436.6 KB)
Re: Foldarap #154 pic & Z-axis print start point issue
May 26, 2014 11:57AM
Hi,

A few things to check:
- the slicer configuration: is there a Z offset configured to 7mm in the printer settings ? are there special command, like a Z offset, inserted in the GCODE every time it's exported ?
- the Z endstop: Is it firmly positionned ? Is it responding correctly to manual input ? The print should start by two Z home probes, one at high speed, one at very low speed. When does the Z moves 7mm up in this process ?
- the firmware: are you using the firmware that Emmanuel loaded on the card, the one from the github, something else ?

Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login