FoldaRap #009

Posted by Emmanuel 
FoldaRap #009
November 23, 2012 09:47AM
Was posted this morning smiling smiley

about // liberapay // flickr // wiki // thingiverse - github
Re: FoldaRap #009
January 03, 2013 03:39PM
Just putting it together right now. Watching the video for "wiring everything to the board" and it looks like you plugged the fans into the Aux V I/O, rather than the fan +/-, is this correct?
January 04, 2013 12:06PM
Also, the y-motor bracket arrived broken. I had glued it back together, but now that the belt is attatched, it is starting to come unglued. It definitely will not stay attatched, I very much doubt it would even last long enough to print a new part.

Would it be possible to get a new piece please?

Thank you,
Debbie
January 05, 2013 05:54AM
Hi.

I was also surprised about the fan but yes it is plugged in Aux V.
there is a jumper that configure thoses pins as an output.
As a result, the fan is always on.
Plugging it on the fan pins would enable switching it on/off programatically if needed.
But the firmware needs to handle it.

Mike
January 05, 2013 08:46AM
Too bad for the y-motor, I'll send you a new one asap : /
And for the fans, yes I plugged it in the AuxV because it is said on the Azteeg page that if you don't use it as an Aux supply for the motor you can consider it as a normal output (say 12v). Now I'm using it to power a led stripe and the two fans are directly on the power supply.

Cheers smiling smiley

about // liberapay // flickr // wiki // thingiverse - github
January 05, 2013 03:41PM
Thank you, if you have not already sent that part, don't worry about it. I wrapped some tape around it, and there's no way it will come off now!
January 07, 2013 03:14PM
Oops already sent today ^^ it could always serve to replicate another Foldarap winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login