Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Foldarap2: underplate mirrored

Posted by nachetz 
Foldarap2: underplate mirrored
April 28, 2014 03:36AM
Hi again!!

i'm founding quite a lot problems with the foldarap building manual:

if I install the lasercut underplate as said on the manual the power supply is not aligned to the Y stepper (photo attached) ....

It seems as the underplate was mirrored and i must turn it 180º and leave the Openedge logo inside the foldarap

anyone else with this problem??
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20140428_091355.jpg (227.5 KB)
Re: Foldarap2: underplate mirrored
April 28, 2014 09:24AM
Bonjour,

Are you following the right instructions ? I found that the right ones are here

It looks to me as if you can just turn the whole thing round by 180° (but with the OPenedge logo still underneath) : then the mains power terminals will be in front of the power switch, and the power supply will be on the correct side.
Glenn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2014 09:26AM by Glenn81.
April 28, 2014 12:09PM
Hi,

Have a look at the electronic board chapter. It looks like your pic : [reprap.org] cool smiley

For mine, I made it little different (for wiring acces). Have a look to the last pic here : [www.thingiverse.com] (the one with the wiring) winking smiley

regards
April 28, 2014 01:33PM
Great!!

thanks for the link, great secuence of the process... really useful!!

i think i'm going to do as you and move the power suplly for wiring acces

thanks again!

mattsi
Hi,

Have a look at the electronic board chapter. It looks like your pic : [reprap.org] cool smiley

For mine, I made it little different (for wiring acces). Have a look to the last pic here : [www.thingiverse.com] (the one with the wiring) winking smiley

regards
April 28, 2014 01:34PM
Thore are instructions for Foldarap 1, am i wrong?

Glenn81
Bonjour,

Are you following the right instructions ? I found that the right ones are here

It looks to me as if you can just turn the whole thing round by 180° (but with the OPenedge logo still underneath) : then the mains power terminals will be in front of the power switch, and the power supply will be on the correct side.
Glenn
April 29, 2014 07:53AM
Hi Mattsi!!

did it work to you wiring endstops on NC instead of NO? i see on bluilding manual photos both options...

Regards!

mattsi
Hi,

regards
April 29, 2014 01:00PM
Haven't try the NO wiring yet (and i will try NC after if it doesn't work). winking smiley

I have sent a PM to Emmanuel, to have his advice.
April 29, 2014 01:45PM
Little update : the config COM and NO blocks the move in X-; Y-; Z- (even if you use pin + instead of pin - on the electronic board).

I'll have to change that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login