Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MendelMax build in progress

Posted by TheSniper 
MendelMax build in progress
June 29, 2012 03:26PM
All,
Im currently waiting arrival of my recently ordered parts. for a Mendelmax
Would love to find a local club/users group to exchange ideas etc...
Feel free to @ or pm me.
Sam

BTW: Bailed on the repstrap.

SamR
MendelMax... (A build for ever in process... ... ... will it/ Is it ever done!?) yea, Its done alright its sitting collecting dust!
Moved onto a Creality CR-10
Re: MendelMax build in progress
July 09, 2012 05:40PM
There are these guys down over here in the Florida Orlando RepRap Group down the page in the same section of the forums.

ISTAR Scope Club
May 17, 2013 07:58AM
How'd that mendelmax build go for you. i've been thinking about getting a 1.5 from 3dfactory but having a hard time finding a review. and the fact that it doesn't come with software/firmware preloaded or an actual DIY manual is kind of scaring me off
Just checking with them to get a mendelmax as well. I found them very responsive so far, can't say any on the final delivery nor post sales support.

greetings kai
June 06, 2013 12:14PM
All,
Im still alive and well. My MM build is half built and half in the box. I have all the parts necessary but lost focus on it. (Sad but true)
I was in the parts a acquisition phase. and mid stream I decided I wouldnt be happy with the bed design So I ordered the new bed slide system from
TrinityLabs. while their great people it took 3-4 months for me to get the part. in that time I completely lost interest. I should'a could'a etc...
but now my MM sits waiting for some attention. the frame is built and I have all the electronics basically everything. In fact I even sprung for some Alibre pro software.
to do my design work in.
I wont lie, I do typically see my projects thru. (here is some proof) see this link some of my projects.
perhaps I could get re inspired locally.
Sam

SamR
MendelMax... (A build for ever in process... ... ... will it/ Is it ever done!?) yea, Its done alright its sitting collecting dust!
June 09, 2013 09:53AM
Nice projects 'Sniper. I, too, don't have focus right now. Worrying about $$ and better(full-time) job right now.
Naples is so seasonal it erks me so.

My Printxel sits idle on my desk while I dream of learning Blender and Pyton tongue sticking out smiley

Where are you located again? In my 1st reply it seems I new that answer before.

ISTAR Scope Club
June 09, 2013 11:23AM
Borispider,
Im in Tampa. I keep threatening to pick up the pieces. but, probably not far from yr scenario Im self employed
and when it comes to non profit projects I too have to pick and choose. So far im about 1400.00 in with no produceable results to speak of..
Tampa is not very seasonal at least not that Im aware of. But wow has it ever been slow here for business.

istar scope club? I visited FortMeyers not to long ago to pick up a part for a scope I have. Scopetronics perhaps?
super nice guys.

lets stay in touch perhaps one or another of us might spark some inspiration to complete one of our machines.

SamR
June 09, 2013 02:58PM
Istar Scopes was a co. I was going to get a scope from. That place in ft. Myers is no longer sad smiley

My machine is complete. Have printed a few things. Just haven't got comfortable w/ it yet.

Yes, lets. Sparks of inspirations are a good thing.

ISTAR Scope Club
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login