Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Activity in St Pete - Tampa area?

Posted by charlieRC 
Activity in St Pete - Tampa area?
September 23, 2014 01:38PM
I know there are a lot of 3d printers in this area. I wonder why there is no further traffic on this forum. Has anybody thought about getting together with other reprappers and printer builders?
Re: Activity in St Pete - Tampa area?
September 29, 2014 01:10PM
Same with SW FL in 3dhubs.com I see quite a few in Naples/Cape Coral/Miami but no activity
here in the forums.

ISTAR Scope Club
October 10, 2014 06:44AM
I am in the Tampa area and I am currently working on a printer that is just about ready for production.
If you are interested in getting involved with this project please let me know. As I am looking for others to help.

My name is Paul and I am in Apollo Beach. Our printer is called the Razor Bot. It has a very large print volume. 390mm x 250mm 250mm.
It was just shown at the Tampa Bay 3D printer user group on Wensday which was held at MOSI.
We are also working with the 3D printer group at USF.

Would love the check out what you are working on also. Maybe we can work together.

Our printer is fully functional and we have actually built four of them so far.

We are ready to gear up for full production but we need some help.

Feel free to give me a call at 813-641-2160 if you are interested.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 06:52AM by razor103.
October 10, 2014 10:20AM
Hi Razor103,

I have built two printers...the standard prusa with the regular 200 x 200 bed and my own design with has a 304 x 304 (12"x12") bed. The second is made from extruded aluminum 1010 series and uses a vslot x axis. motors on the bottom instead of the top. I tired to fix some of the issues with the prusa (reinventing the wheel, probably, but sometimes reinventing is much more fun than following someone else's instructions.)

I am in St pete so Apollo Beach is a bit of a drive for me. I was involved with the Tampa Bay MicroController and Robotics club that was meeting at MOSI and have interacted with Tom in the robotics lab over there. I am afraid my knees make driving a bit painfull for long drives, but I would like to get envolved in a semi regular basis.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login