Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lakes Region, New Hampshire

Posted by kharrisma 
Lakes Region, New Hampshire
June 25, 2023 03:11PM
Seems I might be necro-ing this thread, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I'm in Central NH, Lakes Region (Laconia/Meredith/Plymouth area), and just got my first printer, a Creality Ender 3. I've had one eye on the technology since the first time I got internet and stumbled across references to 3D printing. At the price-point this thing was available for, I couldn't pass it up!

I've never written a single line of code, so while the hardware portion of this didn't phaze me in the least, the coding aspect was a deal-breaker for me. Now that it's become more of a "turnkey" kind of thing (not that you don't have to have something on the ball mechanically and if you know coding too, all the better), I'm onboard for better or worse.

It's a bone-stock Ender 3, with all the compromises they took to keep the price down. I'm slowly building my way up, bit by affordable bit, to a more capable machine. I just picked up a BigTreeTech SKR Mini E3 ver 2.0 ; the prices have plummeted since they released version 3.0. I picked up the one bundled with the TFT35 E3 ver 2.0 as well; that monochrome knob-driven display leaves much to be desired!

However... There's a lot of confusion (for me, anyway) about how to flash the board and display; just hundreds of files up in gitHub, which is something else I don't know how to use very well. Since this is an introduction page, I'll not go into the technical details here (unless here is actually the best place for it?)

Anyway, I do hope there are still some locals who are into the whole thing!

Karl
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login