Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bay Area RepRap Meetup

Posted by obscurite 
Bay Area RepRap Meetup
November 04, 2008 11:42AM
Getting the ball rolling on a Bay Area meetup...

* Space - to be determined - maybe tech shop (www.techshop.ws)?
* Time - maybe mid December?
* Agenda - show and tell, share information/educate, tinker

Thoughts? Ideas? Trepidations? Famous quotes?

-Daniel
Re: Bay Area RepRap Meetup
January 14, 2009 02:46PM
Hi,

Did the Bay Area meet up ever happen?

When's the next one?

Is there a mailing list I can sign-up to?

Many thanks,
AJ
February 16, 2009 01:36AM
Hi Ad, I don't know if this did happen, however, I think that it's a great idea. The Tech shop is a great venue. I can ask Jim, If we can hold up there for a bit. Is there any interest in getting a SF group started.

Let's get building.
April 01, 2009 12:43AM
Hi all,

We could probably have a meetup at Noisebridge [www.noisebridge.net]. At Noisebridge w're currently working on a McWire repstrap, which is not yet fully functional.

How many would be interested in meeting in about three weeks (late April).

-Daniel
Anonymous User
April 10, 2009 10:49AM
Is anyone in the Bay Area able to print parts for a Darwin RepRap?
Anonymous User
April 12, 2009 05:12PM
It looks like the electronics kits are around $150 or so. The motors, power supplies, adruino boards probably come to about another $100 or so.

A set of laser cut parts from Ponko probably clock in around $400 or so. I haven't priced the off the shelf parts.

If/when I start building a RepRap/Strap, I anticipate my first printing jobs would be to (1) print all parts for the current machine (whether it is a Darwin or something else) (2) print up all parts given/loaned to me and returned to the originator, and then (3) print two copies of Darwin RepRap parts for sale at cost.

Totally off topic - is anyone going to the upcoming Maker Fair on 5/29-5/30?
May 27, 2009 01:40AM
Techshop would be a great place.

I'm with haloscope, i'll do the same printing thing, and i'm going to the Maker Faire, so, BE THERE!
June 29, 2009 09:45PM
I've been working with the people @ techshop I'm proposing a standing monthly meeting held there. The first will be July 17th at 5:30.

I've also started a Google groups to help coordinate and organize out group. Please check it out @ [groups.google.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login