Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kisslicer settings for mendel90?

Posted by karabas 
Kisslicer settings for mendel90?
December 21, 2012 04:01AM
Today new version of excellent slicer is released. See its forum.
I wonder what settings to max quality do you prefer? Share your ini files please
Re: Kisslicer settings for mendel90?
December 21, 2012 04:15AM
Hi Karabas

I have this printer, but not used Kisslicer (which reads to me like Kiss Licer smiling smiley

What makes it so good in your opinion? Do you know of any comparisons?

Marcos
December 22, 2012 10:41AM
I use both Slic3r and Kisslicer.
Slic3r seems more popular, is under more active development (there hasn't been a new version of Kisslicer since June), has a nicer user interface (in my opinion) and allows greater control over individual aspects of the slicing process.
However, Kisslicer is even faster at slicing, produces cleaner gcode, and reliably handles almost any STL file including ones that Slic3r cannot cope with.
I have attached my settings files which are certainly not optimised but have produced some decent prints like this.

richgain
[mynext3dprinter.tumblr.com]
Attachments:
open | download - KISSlicer.rar (1.3 KB)
December 26, 2012 12:45PM
Could someone share their _material, _styles, and _printer files.

I tried a few prints from the KISSlicer gcode and all I can accomplish is to reverse my filament out of the extruder then just move very slow.

Thanks
December 27, 2012 01:54AM
@Purple Kerbie - go into Preference / Advanced settings and open the Gcode tab.
Make sure that the Firmware Type selector is correct for your machine.
I use "5D - Relative E", which is correct for my machines but many Reprap machines use "5D - Absolute E".
It depends on how your firmware is configured.

richgain
December 27, 2012 07:33AM
Thanks richgain,
I use Marlin on my Mendel90 so I wasn't sure which one to pick. After trying them all, I got Absolute E to work.

Still trying to work out all the settings. I "Z settle" the same as "Z lift"? Then I guess I need to use destring?
December 29, 2012 01:12PM
I don't think there is a Z lift equivalent in KissSlicer, but I could be wrong.
Z Settle is designed for printers with beds that move in Z, so that the last move on a z change is always against gravity, I.e. it overshoots by the given ammount then returns to the requested position, taking out any backlash in the screws.
Jonathan on the KissSlicer forum is usually happy to explain settings, a lot of them have odd naming because it's original design for the BFB printers.

Edit: There is Z lift in the new beta
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login