Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cooling the top of the hotend via the carriage cooler?

Posted by ralfsteck 
Cooling the top of the hotend via the carriage cooler?
November 25, 2013 05:46AM
Hi,

I'm thinging about a way to cool the upper part of my hotend, amonst other reasons because my extruder block, X carriage et al is made from PLA, and to get a better transportation of the filament.

I use this one which seems to be slightly longer thanm the Jhead. At least the hole in the Fan duct that Nophead suggested blows against the heating block.

To cool the upper part of the hotend and the extruder, I'm thinking about drilling two 6mm holes into the "roof" of the fan duct near the outlet ring. Maybe a piece of cardboard added to direct the air blowing out here to the hotend would improve the effect. What Do you all think about this?

The other idea is to add a fan under the carriage like here, but as I think about adding this Z-Probe, the space for the fan on the left side is occupied. This would be the best solution because I could shut on/off the fan fromk Marlin independent of the filament cooling fan.

I tried to modify the STL in Sketchup to add a fan to the right side, but I don't get around that.

Any comments?

Gruß, Ralf

Mendel 90 breit, hoch, 24V

Meine Erfahrungen im EngineeringSpot-Blog: EngineeringSpot
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login