Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Skeinforge .1mm Layer Settings

Posted by BSBMX 
Skeinforge .1mm Layer Settings
December 30, 2013 04:11PM
Does anyone have .1mm layer height settings for Skeinforge? I've been messing with it the past few days and can't seem to figure out the flow rate setting or the ratio of edge width over height. I've improved from each change I make, but I can't get rid of large blobs (this is my first attempt at printing a very small part).

In the attached image, the piece on the right was my first attempt, and the piece on the left is my latest attempt. The blobs on top of the two central columns have improved, but they're still not perfect.

The blob seems to be from the nozzle sitting too long in that small area and causing the plastic to melt, or it may be extruding too much plastic. To attempt to remedy this, I have multiplied the print (from 1 to 4) and dropped my extruding temp from 215 to 200. This has helped, but I'm still not getting the best results. Without multiplying more (as I only want 1 piece), is there another way of adding cool time? Or any other suggestions to improve this print?
Attachments:
open | download - blobs.jpg (161 KB)
Re: Skeinforge .1mm Layer Settings
December 31, 2013 12:48PM
Height should be 0.1mm and width should be ~0.4mm to ~0.41mm (I would use 0.4mm). Use the formula provided in the manual for flow rate, you also need to change the edge over width in the inset tab.

Under the cool tab there is a line called minimum layer time, Change this is 10-15 seconds or higher to slow down the print speed (I usually keep it at 15 seconds). You should also keep the fan on full speed if it's PLA. Also if it's PLA you should lower the temp even more. For severe overhangs and bridging I usually use a temperature of 185C for PLA. You could also add a tower or cube to the print bed and set it farther away to aid in the print quality (use the Plater.exe program to combine .stl's it.s in the same folder as pronterface).

Happy New Year!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2013 01:07PM by RyanMark.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login