Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bed leveling help please

Posted by danlad1631 
bed leveling help please
July 03, 2014 03:06PM
I printed this [www.thingiverse.com] and you can see the results in the attached image. Printed at .2 layer height.

I understand how to level the bed following the instructions supplied with the kit and have done it a number of times now, but I can't see it correcting this.

Any thoughts on how to improve the results.
Attachments:
open | download - bed level print.jpg (101.2 KB)
Re: bed leveling help please
July 03, 2014 05:10PM
Are you using a dial gauge? I found using one made a huge improvement in levelling. They are cheap on ebay. e.g.
[www.ebay.de]
Your print surface is a bit warped and you could loosen the screw in the near right corner a bit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2014 06:07PM by Ralph.Hilton.
July 04, 2014 02:00AM
I did buy one but when I used it the needle wouldn't touch the bed, must of bought the wrong one. I'll try loosening the screw and go from there.
July 04, 2014 03:13AM
My dial gauge has a short plunger. I fit the holder with the collar pointing downwards which allows the gauge to sit low in the Wade's block hole.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
July 04, 2014 09:13AM
Yay my thingi!

Post a photo of what you get.... helps figure out where you're going wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2014 09:15AM by Traveltrousers.
July 04, 2014 09:46AM
Mine was too short too. I placed a heavy flat metal object on the bed and measured to that, moving it around as needed.
July 04, 2014 02:09PM
I have an imperial one that is long enough and a metric one that is too short. I found I could unscrew the tip of the metric one and screw an M3 screw in its place to extend it.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
July 04, 2014 04:00PM
if you expect to get the bed .2mm level all the way across.... I think you'll be at it a looooong time.

Get a good first layer, good adhesion and start making stuff...
July 04, 2014 04:10PM
That's a great idea about using an M3 screw. I know I'll never get it perfect but I want to print bigger objects, I tried to print a bigger object and it kept knocking the support off the bed. I'll get it more level and see how I get on, thanks for help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login