Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z axis travel distance:

Posted by BaukeProcee 
Z axis travel distance:
February 12, 2015 10:42PM
thanks for reading hope you can help!

Calibrating my Prusa I3 I am troubleshooting on the travel-distance of the Z axis, i give a ponterface command of 200 mm movement and it only moves 27 mm.
my steppermotors NEMA 17 are not making weird noises due to wrong current.

thankyou

This is my running program

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {78.7402,78.7402,200.0*8/3,760*1.1} // default steps per unit for Ultimaker
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {500, 500, 2, 25} // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {180,180,10,200} // X, Y, Z, E maximum start speed for accelerated moves. E default values are good for Skeinforge 40+, for older versions raise them a lot.

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 60 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 60 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for retracts

// Offset of the extruders (uncomment if using more than one and relying on firmware to position when changing).
// The offset has to be X=0, Y=0 for the extruder 0 hotend (default extruder).
// For the other hotends it is their distance from the extruder 0 hotend.
// #define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_X {0.0, 20.00} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the X axis
// #define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_Y {0.0, 5.00} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the Y axis

// The speed change that does not require acceleration (i.e. the software might assume it can be done instantaneously)
#define DEFAULT_XYJERK 20.0 // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_ZJERK 0.4 // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_EJERK 5.0 // (mm/sec)
Re: Z axis travel distance:
February 13, 2015 05:07AM
200.0*8/3 doesn't look right unless you have lead screws with a pitch of 3mm and only 8 times microstepping.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login