Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

25% infill strong enough?

Posted by Rich K. 
25% infill strong enough?
March 13, 2015 01:13PM
I am working on replacing all the PLA parts in my "Sturdy" with ABS parts. Sliced the fixing blocks and didn't realize I had forgotten to re-set the infill to 90% so my blocks printed out at 25% infill (rectilinear pattern). I hate to waste the plastic, but would fixing blocks at 25% infill be strong enough to use?
Re: 25% infill strong enough?
March 13, 2015 02:24PM
Hi,

I really depends on whether you added additional shells. If you have then you are probably safe but if you only have one shell then you would need to be careful not to overtighten the screws.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2015 02:26PM by neildarlow.

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
March 13, 2015 02:29PM
I believe there are two shells around the holes. At least, the nozzle goes around each one twice. I sliced them at .3mm layer height with a .4mm nozzle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2015 02:29PM by Rich K..
March 13, 2015 04:14PM
Ha, I have a set put aside where I did the same, only 25% and one shell. I think they will work if you don't over tighten the screws. You might as well try them as they are easy to replace if they break.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
March 13, 2015 04:17PM
Thanks, I'll try them and see...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login