Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

burnt connector

Posted by wgaona 
burnt connector
January 19, 2016 01:33PM
hello everyone!

Today i noticed that I burnt my bed connector in the form that is showed in the image.
The cause was a screw loose of the connector that produces and electric arc at night printing.

Fortunately the Melzi board is good and it could be repaired, the only thing is the new connector is blue smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2016 02:05PM by wgaona.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20160119_121135.jpg (104.5 KB)
open | download - IMG_20160119_121153.jpg (272.7 KB)
Re: burnt connector
January 20, 2016 03:09PM
adding strain relief to the wires may help to prevent this from occuring in the future
January 22, 2016 11:00PM
Yes, it would be suitable. Thanks for the suggestion
January 23, 2016 04:50AM
The wires don't move, so I don't see how strain relief helps, there is no strain. It is simply a matter of preparing the wire ends well and tightening the terminals sufficiently. My machines have run for years without any interconversion.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
January 27, 2016 11:21AM
Sometimes strain is put on the wires by making them too short. My thought in adding strain relief near to the connectors is for two reasons: it will limit the amount of wire that could be put under tension, and, should any connection become loose, would hold the wire into the connector preventing shorts (although not this specific problem). It could also have the benefit of making wiring easier.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login