Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Copying Marlin profile from Melzi - possible?

Posted by Rich K. 
Copying Marlin profile from Melzi - possible?
September 23, 2016 10:00PM
I had to move my Mendel90 "Sturdy" from the upstairs part of the house to the basement about 6 months ago - my parents complained that hot ABS didn't smell all that great (I had some really cheap crap that I will never buy again - it clogs anything smaller than a 0.4mm nozzle on my E3D V6). In the process, somehow the Z0 height ended up about 2-1/2mm higher than it was when I last leveled the printer. Around the same time, I upgraded the OS on my computer from Windows Vista to Windows 7 to Windows 10 (took advantage of the free upgrade while it was available). Unfortunately, although my "Marlin" folder is still there, somehow the sketch is gone that I last uploaded into my Melzi. This means the entire profile has to be redone from scratch, and it has been so long since I have done it that I have forgotten what all my settings were that I had customized for my printer.

Is it possible to download the Marlin sketch from my Melzi board? If so, how do I go about doing it?
Re: Copying Marlin profile from Melzi - possible?
September 23, 2016 11:32PM
No. If you have an LCD you can get some of the settings. Also, Marlin sends configuration info after you connect with pronterface and repetier host.
September 24, 2016 12:05PM
WHEW! - I had almost forgotten, I had cloned my hard drive a while back to an external drive, and my old Marlin sketch is on there smiling smiley .

Now, for my next question - on the newest version of Arduino, which board do I select for Melzi? IIRC, on the OLD verion of Arduino, I had to select "AT Mega", or something like that, but the choices seem to be a bit different on the latest version.
September 25, 2016 04:51PM
You need to select "Melzi W / ATmega 1284p 16 mhz". Melzi is not supported by Arduino, so you need to copy the Melzi board support package from my GitHub to the hardware folder. It probably only works with Arduino 1.0.x because Arduino keep making non backwards compatible changes which require all the BSPs to be updated each time. That is why I shipped a specific version of Arduino with the BSP already installed on the SD card.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
September 25, 2016 04:57PM
Dug through the cloned files and found all of my original Mendel90 files, including Arduino 1.0. Now I am just waiting for my new filament to arrive so I can switch back to a smaller nozzle ( I have a 0.6mm one on there now). Will re level and set the height then. Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login