Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bed Levelling with a BL-Touch

Posted by Bearded Flyer 
Bed Levelling with a BL-Touch
December 05, 2019 11:33AM
Although my Mendel90 does not require frequent bed levelling I do check it from time to time. This involves removing the extruder and replacing it with a dial gauge. Whilst this is not too onerous I have bought a BL-Touch probe as a project to stop having to fit the dial gauge. I realise that I could use Neil Darlow's Marlin code to enable Automatic Bed levelling but that is not what I want. I would like to temporaraly mount the BL-Touch under the X-carriage next to the extruder (J Head currently), probe the bed and display the results on my Panelolu II. I do not want the BL-touch mounting permanantly. I also do not know which pins on the Melzi board to connect the BL-Touch wires to to for the servo and Z-axis stop functions.

If I cannot do that then I may try to program an Arduino Nano to raise and lower the probe and manually lower the Z axis via Octoprint until the BL-Touch switch operates. That would be a longer process so if it was automated that would be better. I am not looking for the BL-touch to apply compensation to the first layer, and some subsequent layers, to allow for an unlevel bed. I just want to use it the check and report on the current status of the bed fo level.

Has anybody dome this or have any ideas to guide me?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login