Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PC cant see the USB

Posted by brightnessreef 
PC cant see the USB
May 09, 2013 05:57AM
Hi I have just built the Nophead Mendel 90 printer kitset, its gone really well and now i'm at the stage where i need to turn it on and get it running.
he next stage in the instructions is to install drivers for the board, "On Windows the PC will need a USB FTDI driver for the serial port to appear, this can be found in the Arduino drivers folder".
This is where I come unstuck, the PC isnt seeing the USB connection and I dont know which file is the driver.
If I go to the FTDI USB drivers folder there are loads of files/folders to choose from.

Can some one point me in the right direction?

So far all that happens if I turn on the PSU is that the fan on the extruder runs for about 2 seconds and then stops, its quite exciting but I really want to get something printed :-)

Thanks.
Re: PC cant see the USB
May 09, 2013 03:30PM
I don't have Arduino on Windows, so i can't point you to the local file, but you can download the windows driver here: [www.ftdichip.com]
Re: PC cant see the USB
May 10, 2013 06:57AM
Hi, thanks for that, It turns out that it was there but was called USB Serial PORT(COM3) in the devices menu.
I have just printed off a little Android test print and its come out ok, so it looks like its up and running :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login