Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[SOLVED] Problem with bed leveling

Posted by Nilez 
[SOLVED] Problem with bed leveling
October 13, 2013 11:23AM
Hi,

I'm trying to level the bed with a paper card beneath the nozzle. The problem I'm having is that I can get all corners leveled pretty close except for the front right one. I've tried to level the bed on two different flat surfaces so far. The problem is less on the surface I'm using right now. The bed is almost level but the paper card has to be pushed more to get it under the nozzle in this front right corner. The problem is that the m3 pillar is screwed all the way to the bottom right now so it can't be adjusted any further, while the pillar on the front left corner is screwed a bit upwards and still has plenty of room for adjustment. I Also flipped the glass plate but the problems remains in the same corner. Is my bed plate skewed somehow?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2013 02:16PM by Nilez.
Re: Problem with bed leveling
October 13, 2013 12:40PM
Hmm, I put the printer on a solid trolly table, so now I could also pick another spot in the room to place the printer and see how this would affect the leveling of the bed. Well it made a huge difference! In the other corner of the room the front right pillar now needed to be screwed upwards to higher the corner! Man, I didn't expect the bed level to be that sensitive to change. I have a spot picked out for the printer when it's done, but I'm a little concerned now about how good I'll be able to level the bed at that location. If I have problems, should I just turn to putting shims under the tables legs (or under the printer etc)?
October 13, 2013 01:59PM
The printer needs to stand on a flat plane. It doesn't need to be level but it must be planar. If not the bed rotates about the Y axis as it travels backwards and forwards which gives the appearance of one corner being out.

To fix it you can put paper shims under one end of one of the aluminium tubes.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
October 13, 2013 02:16PM
Thank you. This is solved then.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login