Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help sourcing a few vitamins

Posted by gsport 
Help sourcing a few vitamins
October 24, 2013 06:43PM
Hi,

I have a Longboat Prusa at the moment and am looking to build a Mendel 90 frame to switch it all over to and end some of the annoying problems and create a bigger build volume (particularly the Z axis, which should be 100mm on my current machine but the extruder motor actually hits the side threaded bar long before then if the print uses the full width).

I have done a fair bit of hunting round and reading the BOM etc, and am just a bit stuck on a few of the vitamins.

The big one is the little Nophead circuit board at the end of the X axis. I know Nophead has made these but I cant work out how to get my hands on it.

Also is there a more detailed list of the ribbon cable and connectors specifications anywhere?

And lastly, are there any heated pcb beds out there that are bigger than 200mm x 200mm?

Any help, advice, links, greatly appreciated.

George
Re: Help sourcing a few vitamins
October 25, 2013 03:43AM
George,
Have you read this: [numbersixreprap.blogspot.co.uk] ?
To get details of the ribbon cable connections you will have to read the manual which lists all of these in a lot of detail. As for ribbon cable specification - it is pretty standard stuff - grey IDC ribbon cable.

As for increasing the size of the print area - watch out - you will need more than a bigger PCB. There are lots of discussions on this forum about that.

Alan
October 25, 2013 06:37AM
^^^

Thanks Alzibiff.

The Manual lists:-

"The parts list is in D_connector_assembly.txt"

But I cant seem to find this. It doesn't seem to be under vitamins or anywhere else I have looked, and a Google search brings up nothing.

I need to order some other things off Farnell soon anyway, so wanted to add these in, but need to narrow down a bit from this:-
[uk.farnell.com]

They also have ribbon cable at £1-50 or so a meter but not sure if the cross sectional area is sufficient at 0.07mm or so...

Also if you can point me in the direction of previous discussions of enlarging the print bed that would be great. I was only thinking of enlarging from 200x200 to say 250x250 and increasing the rods from 8mm to 10mm should be more than sufficient to retain (or rather improve) the normal stiffness? (Bending moment up 25%, second moment of area up 125%...)
Even if I couldn't get a bigger heated bed I thought that an aluminium plate between the heater and the glass would be sufficient.

George

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2013 06:41AM by gsport.
October 25, 2013 06:57AM
George,
Not to labour the point but regarding the PCB and D connector, I assume that you have read this: [forums.reprap.org] (second post)

Alan
October 25, 2013 07:27AM
^^^

Aha! No I hadn't thanks that helps enormously.

On the D connectors there are DE DA and DB types available?

George
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login