Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Still problems with small fills

Posted by muelli 
Re: Still problems with small fills
November 03, 2013 12:28PM
Looks like the flow rate is a bit too high. Have you calibrated E steps per MM with the same plastic and spring tension you are printing with? Also is the diameter still the same as you measured. Cheap plastic can vary throughout the reel.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
November 03, 2013 01:14PM
@nophead:
yes, calibrated E steps with this plastic and spring tension. re-measured right now, averaged over the different measuring points no change. the stuff is quite good quality.

@intellitom: will do ASAP!
Maybe with a better picture the problem shows even better. Have to find a tripod or sth that will do.
But I am not quite sure if taking the picture from directly above will show the rough surface of the object...

edit: I watched the infills using a flashlight and when infilling, the nozzle slightly seems to be touching the previous lines and pulling a little bit plastic back up. this might cause the surface to be so rough...
maybe a combination of to much material and something else?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2013 01:26PM by muelli.
November 03, 2013 02:40PM
Yes that is exactly what happens when the flow rate is too high when printing solid layers.

November 05, 2013 05:22AM
haven't found a tripod yet, but I experimented with the "flow rate" under the speed settings. I set it to 45.0 and now the surfaces come out perfect!
Is there a way to calculate a good flow rate or is trial and error the "right" way to do it smiling smiley
November 05, 2013 08:00AM
Flow rate should equal feed rate, except for the outline flow rate which should be set by the formula in the manual.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login