Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Degrease Rods ?

Posted by KeithSloan 
Degrease Rods ?
November 06, 2013 10:31AM
I have degreased the motor shafts as per the instructions. Does one just leave the steel rods as shipped or should these also be degreased? I assume not, but just want to be sure.
Re: Degrease Rods ?
November 06, 2013 10:43AM
The rods need degreasing otherwise they will slip in the clamps. Remember to degrease them again after sliding them through bearings.

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
November 06, 2013 11:28AM
neildarlow
The rods need degreasing otherwise they will slip in the clamps. Remember to degrease them again after sliding them through bearings.

So should one just degrease at the ends i.e. where the clamps are. Or the whole length. Does the grease not help with going through the bearings
November 06, 2013 01:08PM
You will need to slide rods through a clamp, a bearing and into another clamp. The whole rod must be grease-free for the first clamp but you could just degrease the far-end after passing the bearing but before entering the second clamp.

I just degreased the whole rod and lubricated after final assembly.

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login