Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Single Wall Thickness with Single Pass?

Posted by BSBMX 
Single Wall Thickness with Single Pass?
February 06, 2014 07:05PM
I'm attempting to print a single-filament thick wall. Using Skeinforge, it outputs a double-wide wall even if I design the wall thickness at .001". During my search, I found the suggestion of making my wall thickness to fit the edge width over height equation. At .2mm layers and a EW/H ratio of 2.5, my wall thickness should be .5mm (.0197"). Changing my design to this thickness gets me a single-filament thick wall, but the extruder still passes over the single wall twice, putting out too much plastic. How do I change it so that it passes over only once?

I have attached an image from Skeinlayer showing the issue. It's hard to see since they're one on top the other, but there are two extruder passes in this single layer (one arrow is orange, and the other arrow is red). Any ideas on how I change this to a single pass?
Attachments:
open | download - skeinforge.jpg (38.7 KB)
Re: Single Wall Thickness with Single Pass?
February 07, 2014 03:07AM
Did you also change the Infill Width over Thickness (ratio) to 2.5 on the Inset tab? Maybe Skeinforge is thinking it should be doing a fill.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
February 07, 2014 06:16PM
My ratio initially was 2.25 (Nophead's settings). I changed it to 2.50 but got the same results.
February 07, 2014 11:21PM
- Get a model of a solid box (ie 20mm calibration cube)
- In the fill tab make sure the perimeter settings are all 0 and the fill % is 0
- Turn off the solid layers for the top and bottom layer
- Turn off infill in direction of bridge

This should give you a single walled box (These settings are also good for making Vases with skeinforge although I usually keep the solid layers on and remove the top solid layers from the Gcode). Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2014 11:22PM by RyanMark.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login