Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Downloading Updated Parts

Posted by andy_tratter 
Downloading Updated Parts
February 22, 2014 10:05AM
Hi all,

So I want to download the latest STL files for the Mendel90, i've found them on GitHub and can get to the point where I can see the model and can pan around it, but I cant see where to download the files?

I've never used GitHub before so dont really know what im doing!

Thanks, Andrew
Re: Downloading Updated Parts
February 22, 2014 11:11AM
Go to [github.com] and there is a "Download ZIP" button in the right hand column at the bottom. This will give you a zip of the latest files.
February 22, 2014 11:50AM
I saw that, the file is massive because it contains everyhing - is there a way to just download one or two folders?

Thanks
February 22, 2014 12:48PM
You can go to the stl file, click the "Raw" button at the top, and then right click and "Save As" (assuming the browser doesn't give you the opportunity to save it anyway).
February 22, 2014 12:57PM
Ok just tried that, FireFox gives me the option to "save page as" and IE doesnt give me the option at all!

Not trying to be awkward on purpose guys....honest!
February 22, 2014 01:43PM
Yeah "Save Page As" is the option you want in Firefox. It's called "Save As" in Chrome, and in IE, you choose "Save as" from the File menu. With IE you need to ensure you choose "Text File" as the file type and make sure the file has an ".stl" extension as it screws with the filename.
February 22, 2014 02:35PM
Ah great stuff thats worked! thanks for your help - its been doing my head in all afternoon!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login