Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Enclosure for Mendel90??

Posted by chka 
Re: Enclosure for Mendel90??
October 08, 2014 08:44AM
For a quick solution I got a cardboard display board and cut it to size to enclosure my Sturdy90. Doesn't look great, but it really showed how much better ABS prints with an enclosure.

Recently I took a Laser Cutting class with TechShop. So now I just need to take measurements of my cardboard box and cut an acrylic version.
October 09, 2014 09:56AM
You may like to check out the fixing method we use for the lasecut acrylic enclosure on our Mendel90 kit:
[www.think3dprint3d.com]

Cheers

Tony

DuetWifi.: advanced 3d printing electronics
December 15, 2014 12:36PM
Now I have also built an enclosure for my Mendel90. I have taken 4mm plywood, a sheet of acrylic glass, a bit acrylic paint, 4 neodym magnets and some screws for the hinges. The hinges are printed on my M90. All together less than 25 EUR, but it need some hours to build.

January 12, 2015 05:29PM
Hello,

I really like the design of your enclosure and was wondering if you have had any further thoughts on publishing it? I will be very grateful if you did even if only the printed parts and a brief list of parts

Regards

Paul

ben_van
@Alzibiff: not sure about publishing anything as of yet. There would be a few minor things to fix to make it perfect.

@demetris: This enclosure has done nothing but wonders and It makes the printer even quieter. The walls absorb and muffle some of the sound. I also sit the printer on some foam and make sure there's nothing else rattly - otherwise it would annoy the heck out of me haha
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login