Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

problem with extruding

Posted by neptunier 
problem with extruding
June 10, 2014 09:03AM
hello all,
after not printing for two weeks i wanted to print out something today. everything worked fine 2 weeks ago, but now i have a problem with extruding. the extruder motor is not running continously when printing, it stopps and then runs quite fast. the gcode looks normal, relative extrusion is set and every line has a small extruding value (e0.01 for example).
however the printer is not doing that. it is quite hot here in germany at the moment, if that could have something to do with the problem?
i tried several times, sliced again, formatted the sd card to fat32, same problem.
does anybody have a clue what is going an there?

thanks,
michael
Re: problem with extruding
June 10, 2014 10:17AM
Could very well be the heat, especially if you don't have cooling on your stepper drivers. I've just got a loose fan blowing on my board, works well.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
June 10, 2014 10:33AM
but the extruder motor stopps and starts then again, and when it runs it runs too fast. if i do manual extruding it works fine.
June 10, 2014 01:53PM
What are you slicing with?

Upload a simple gcode example
solved Re: problem with extruding
June 11, 2014 04:42AM
this morning afer newstart of the computer everything worked fine again. i dont know what happened there, i did not new start the computer a longer time (only standby )
maybe something got wrong in windows.
but thanks for your help
michael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login