Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems with Extruder Motor

Posted by c.radi 
Problems with Extruder Motor
July 16, 2014 01:53PM
Hi,

i have build a Mendel90. This is my first 3D Printer. It is not the Kit from Nophead, I build it my own.
I use an Ramps an have done the Calibration as in the Manual described.

Everything works fine.
No i want to print first parts, the Android "man" like shown in the Manual. I downloaded one fron Thingiverse an sliced it with slic3r.
The Printer starts zu print, the first layer is fine. With beginning the second layer the Extruder Motor make a rattling sound like this: Sound.

I print with PLA 1.75 with an 0.4 nozzle.

Somme additional Infos:
I have tested with SD Card one Way, the other Way with Repetier from Mac. Every way the same error.

I need some help, because I can't´t find a solution.

Regards
Christian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2014 02:09PM by c.radi.
Re: Problems with Extruder Motor
July 16, 2014 05:36PM
I made some replacement gears and it did the same, they didn't align perfectly so it had trouble turning.

Try to help turn it with your hand and/or try a few different speeds...
July 16, 2014 06:23PM
If it does the first layer but fails at the second it probably indicates the motor does not have enough torque as the first layer is normally done at a lower speed than the rest.

That would be odd with 1.75mm filament as it should be easy to extrude assuming you have a 1.75mm hot end.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
July 17, 2014 04:13AM
Hello,

thanks for your reply. I will make some tests with other slicer profiles an reduce the speed and increase the temperature.

@nophead:
I use an 1.75mm Hotend and made Changes to the rod so that the idler Block will press the Filament to the hobbed Screw.

It works in the test mode.

Thanks
Christian
July 22, 2014 02:13AM
Hello,

here is something new.

Extruder works. The Temperature was to low for extruding. Now i have new Problems. I use an other Hot End then hophead. This is taller, so the cooling don´t work. I must do some rework on cooling and post an new state.

Regards
Christian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login