Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wades block snapped, help!

Posted by 999dom999 
Wades block snapped, help!
December 04, 2014 08:36AM
I thought something didn't sound right, see pic attached. I hadn't printed a spare of this as I hadn't anticipated it snapping.

Can anyone UK based print me one and I'll pay you for it + postage? Or if anyone happens to be near North London NW2 I could pick it up.
Attachments:
open | download - Wades block.JPG (593.3 KB)
Re: Wades block snapped, help!
December 04, 2014 11:41AM
Nophead (Chris) will print and send you a spare, Just send him an email. I believe he is located somewhere in the UK.

Cheers,
December 04, 2014 12:05PM
Yep he is, I bought my kit from him over a year ago now smiling smiley I just dropped him an email.
December 04, 2014 03:48PM
You may be able to do a tepery bodge to get it going long enuf to print a new one. Get some acetone (available from hardware shops that sell paint) and in a glass or metal jar/pot desolve some white/natural ABS (old faild prints work well) until you have a thick gunk. Then spread some on the joint to glue them back to gether. You can also build up some of the ABS cement around the outsides of the joint to build up more material to try to make it stronger. You should do this in a well venterlated room as its nasty stuff. That plus's a bit of wire raped round the block to take the strain may just keep you going long snuff to print the new one.
December 06, 2014 07:45AM
Standard 2 part epoxy should fix it ok.
December 06, 2014 10:43AM
Before I printed a replacement (and another as spare) I repaired my original Wade's block with Super Glue (Cyanoacrylate). This works well for the ABS parts that nophead produces.

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login