Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Will not connect to Windows7??

Posted by danlad1631 
Will not connect to Windows7??
January 18, 2015 07:04AM
I had to reinstall windows7 on my laptop and now my Mendel90 won’t connect and says driver not installed correctly. When I plug the usb in, the laptop makes a double beep not the usual single beep. I've tried different baud rates and com numbers but still the same. It's always worked on com5 and 250000, how can I get it to connect and install the driver correctly?

Thanks
Re: Will not connect to Windows7??
January 18, 2015 07:23AM
Hi,

Did you reinstall the Arduino IDE? There is an option during that to install the Arduino drivers.

If they are already installed but non-functional I would try to remove them before attempting to re-install. Installing drivers from a software install or directly from files seems a bit archaic. When I originally configured my Mendel90 on Windows 7 the drivers were automatically downloaded and installed after the printer was connected and powered-on for the first time.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
Re: Will not connect to Windows7??
January 19, 2015 07:31AM
as neildarlow said.
and check if you had usb 3.0 and its installed correct.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login