Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

odd marlin firmware issue

Posted by 09zx-6r 
odd marlin firmware issue
January 26, 2015 12:10AM
ok so i want to use the auto bed leveling setup... i have the probe and mount ready to go.. when i updated the FW to do auto bed leveling i got an error, i followed step by step from youtube guru Tom Sanladerer on how to do this on marlin and on his mendel90... however it isnt working for me... so heres my error:

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.
Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Mega 2560 or Mega ADK"
Marlin_main.cpp: In function 'void dock_sled(bool, int)':
Marlin_main.cpp:1289: error: 'SLED_DOCKING_OFFSET' was not declared in this scope
Marlin_main.cpp:1293: error: 'SERVO0_PIN' was not declared in this scope
Marlin_main.cpp:1299: error: 'SLED_DOCKING_OFFSET' was not declared in this scope
Marlin_main.cpp:1302: error: 'SERVO0_PIN' was not declared in this scope

What is this from ? i dont have any servos installed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2015 12:16AM by 09zx-6r.

Nophead Mendel90 Remixed in aluminum
Marlin v2.0
Matterhacker Control (latest)
Ramps 1.4
Sainsmart LCD
MK2B heatbed
E3dV6 hotend .4mm tip
1.75mm filaments
dedicated 12v33a psu
dedicated 12v5a laptop psu mod
Re: odd marlin firmware issue
January 26, 2015 02:37PM
anyone? cmon... some one out there....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2015 05:41AM by 09zx-6r.

Marlin v2.0
Ramps 1.4
Sainsmart LCD
MK2B heatbed
E3dV6 hotend .4mm tip
1.75mm filaments
dedicated 12v33a psu
January 29, 2015 10:52PM
BUMP

Marlin v2.0
Ramps 1.4
Sainsmart LCD
MK2B heatbed
E3dV6 hotend .4mm tip
1.75mm filaments
dedicated 12v33a psu
January 30, 2015 09:32AM
This code is implemented when the line in Configuration.h is uncommented:

//#define Z_PROBE_SLED // turn on if you have a z-probe mounted on a sled like those designed by Charles Bell

Check to be sure the double-slash is in front of the line, as above, and see if it works...

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
January 30, 2015 03:21PM
it commented out...as is the docking offset...see config file below.... and yes i know the config file has a name change..did that to keep it from getting confused with my working file...

Marlin v2.0
Ramps 1.4
Sainsmart LCD
MK2B heatbed
E3dV6 hotend .4mm tip
1.75mm filaments
dedicated 12v33a psu
Attachments:
open | download - ConfigurationABL.h (33.1 KB)
February 01, 2015 05:09AM
anything ? anyone ?

Marlin v2.0
Ramps 1.4
Sainsmart LCD
MK2B heatbed
E3dV6 hotend .4mm tip
1.75mm filaments
dedicated 12v33a psu
February 01, 2015 07:25AM
I don't think many people here use ABL as it isn't needed with Dibond. Try the Marlin github issue tracker. If you haven't enabled the sled or servo the code that uses them should not be enabled.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
February 01, 2015 02:26PM
Hi,

Whatever ConfigurationXXX.h and Configuration_advXXX.h files you use, you must name them Configuration.h and Configuration_adv.h otherwise files other than what you expect may be included.

Looking at you original error message it appears that a #ifdef is disabling inclusion of material in the header file but not in Marlin_main.cpp.

This could be something as simple as a typographical error in the #ifdef naming in one or other of those files.

Take a look at Marlin_main.cpp near the function where the error was reported and work backwards looking for a SLED-related #ifdef and check that it matches the naming of the #define in Configuration.h.

I vaguely recall a commit to Marlin dealing with a misnaming of a SLED-related #define and you may be falling foul of this. Maybe not all sample configuration header files were fixed.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
February 03, 2015 10:35AM
Ah, I see you are using Marlin from the MarlinFirmware repository.

This is a development branch and undergoing considerable change at the moment. It is quite possible that you cloned the repository with that code in a broken state. If you are unable to troubleshoot the code yourself I would suggest that you use the Stable branch from the old Marlin repository.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
February 03, 2015 10:52AM
i DL'd the new v1.0.2 thats in development...seems to be fairly stable...found some minor things that could use change, mostly typagraphical and descriptive things but all my issues with ABL are gone for the most part...but i do have 2 big issues with ABL enabled...after homing z To the center of the bed, then doing a g29 to probe the grid, it wont move to the far right of the bed it only measures from rear center to rear left, then front left to front center...no matter what number i tell the firmware the rectangular dimension is...makes no sense...
the second issue is with the probe installed my Z max endstop no longer works...so after a print the z axis slams down into the print and bed instead of retracting to the top of my mendel90...if i unplug the probe, it works as normal..after the print it homes to the top...i tried inverting the endstop active hi low sense..i tried inverting the home direction from min to max...but nothing works...

Thouhts???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2015 10:53AM by 09zx-6r.

Marlin v2.0
Ramps 1.4
Sainsmart LCD
MK2B heatbed
E3dV6 hotend .4mm tip
1.75mm filaments
dedicated 12v33a psu
February 03, 2015 03:58PM
Unless your probe is coincident with the nozzle it wont be able to reach all of the bed. If it is left of the nozzle it will not reach the right of the bed.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
February 03, 2015 11:16PM
OK, so i figured out my issue with the z always slamming into the bed, it wasnt the firmware, it was in fact the Gcode that cura was running...so i started fresh just be sure, well after i uploaded the new FW and setup the ABL as per tom sanladerers vid, it works great when manually inputting the Gcode thru pronterface... however, even tho i added the G29 to the start code, it doesnt function properly.. X and Y home then Z homes to the center of the bed... however it dosnt lower to the bed to probe it, it stays wherever the X carrage is in height and probes the air...then i get a Z endstop hit indication and everything freezes...ex. the X and Y home to 0, but the Z is at say 100mm above the bed...when it is told to home it moves to the center as it should, then moves up and down 10mm probing for the bed that is in fact 90mm below it... iv gone thru everything that i can think of to include removing the Z MAX endstop, and it didnt make any bit of difference...BUT if i manually enter the G28 and then G29 into pronterface it all works perfectly... thoughts? i also tried Cura and it did the same thing...so its not a software issue, i think its gcode or FW related...im wondering if it has something to do with the safe homing function?

on a side note, during heat up, the LCD says heating bed but not heating nozzle, where do i go to find the text and customize it the way i want? i found the text to display in the config.h file to say mendel ready...but cant find the others>..

Marlin v2.0
Ramps 1.4
Sainsmart LCD
MK2B heatbed
E3dV6 hotend .4mm tip
1.75mm filaments
dedicated 12v33a psu
February 04, 2015 05:28AM
Hi,

Some of the heating commands involve a wait for the temperature to be achieved. This can affect what is shown on the LCD status line.

The firmware does include status messages for both bed and extruder heating and under the right conditions they will be displayed correctly.

It would be inappropriate to modify the firmware on the assumption that it is displaying these messages incorrectly.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

February 04, 2015 01:27PM
right well i dont disagree... just curious to find where its at...

still need to figure out why my Z axis isnt coming down to the bed...

Marlin v2.0
Ramps 1.4
Sainsmart LCD
MK2B heatbed
E3dV6 hotend .4mm tip
1.75mm filaments
dedicated 12v33a psu
May 30, 2015 11:24AM
Have you tried setting your Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER ? Mine for example is -7, which after bed leveling, tells my Z to move Z down 7 after bed leveling...
[www.youtube.com]
June 01, 2015 12:33AM
no i havent tried that... in fact i got rid of the ABL setup entirely after switching to matterhackers software to do everything... it has a bed leveling setup in it thats done thru the software rather than the firmware...works great for me... works great except it doesnt like my intel chipset drivers in windows 8.1... it loses communications at random times...so i use my backup laptop running windows 7 and no issues...

Marlin v2.0
Ramps 1.4
Sainsmart LCD
MK2B heatbed
E3dV6 hotend .4mm tip
1.75mm filaments
dedicated 12v33a psu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login