Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't Find Wades Gear stls

Posted by Bearded Flyer 
Can't Find Wades Gear stls
March 22, 2015 11:14AM
Please be gentle as I am new to Github and 3d printing.
I have had my Mendel90 about 6 months and have enjoyed every minute and this forum has been very helpful
I now want to try printing some spare parts for it. I have looked in the [github.com] directory however when I click on say 'wades_big_gear.stl' I get a nice animated picture of it but I do not appear to be able to download the actual stl.

What am I doing wrong or are the stl files available elsewhere?

Richard
Re: Can't Find Wades Gear stls
March 22, 2015 11:24AM
Hi,

go back to :

[github.com]

and click on "Download ZIP" on the lower right. This will download everything.

Regards, Jens
March 22, 2015 11:32AM
Jens,

Thanks for the quick reply and pointing out the obvious (in a nice way)
I can now give it a try.

Richard
March 22, 2015 11:43AM
Well,

I encountered the same problem =)

I guess you will be encountering another one soon, if you want to print the wades block. You might realize that there seem to be errors in the stl. The holes for the hobbed bolt are closed. This is intentional, you need to cut the hole afterwards.

Regards, Jens
March 22, 2015 01:17PM
You can also download individual files by right clicking on the Raw button and doing Save As.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
March 27, 2015 05:20PM
I am quite pleased with these. I printed 2 large gears at once and then 3 small gears. The bolt head trap on the large gears was a bit small and required a small amount of easing but I woluld rather have it tight than lose. I think that my infill settingmay have been a bit too big which caused the infill to pushh the perimiter slightly.

Richard
Attachments:
open | download - Wades gears 1 small.jpg (121.7 KB)
open | download - Wades gears 2 small.jpg (128.2 KB)
March 29, 2015 06:40AM
Richard, I think Terry and I will be asking for your Skeinforge profiles soon! grinning smiley
March 29, 2015 08:15AM
QuackingPlums
Richard, I think Terry and I will be asking for your Skeinforge profiles soon! grinning smiley

Your welcome to them Eric but I think that slicing profiles are a bit like shoes. What fits one person perfectly can cause anther person a lot of pain!

Hope to see you later this year at the AP Meet
Richard
March 30, 2015 04:51AM
Bearded Flyer
Hope to see you later this year at the AP Meet
Richard

I didn't know there was one but I just checked the forum and it looks like we're going to try, so hopefully we can catch up then! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login