Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OctoPi, SD-Printing dont start

Posted by Hoschie 
OctoPi, SD-Printing dont start
June 18, 2015 11:29AM
Hi,

i have a little problem. After updating my raspi to the newest version of OctoPi i cant print by sdcard anymore.
Before the update it works fine........

If i choose a .gco file and hit print, the printer answers that the sd file ist loaded an ready but octopi only sends M27 an M105 (for temperatures) .....

I googled that this is an Marlin failer so ive updated the firmware to the last version of nopheads github. But with it, the failure is still there..

can anyone help me?

greetings Thomas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2015 11:29AM by Hoschie.
Re: OctoPi, SD-Printing dont start
June 19, 2015 05:39AM
It isn't a Marlin problem as I use OctoPrint myself with that version of Marlin. Since it was OctoPi you updated it seems like the problem lies there.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Re: OctoPi, SD-Printing dont start
June 19, 2015 09:56AM
Hi nophead,

i asked Mrs Häußige and got this awnser.

Gina Häußige
Gina Häußge15:02

Antworten

That's a bug in Marlin you are running into there, which causes the last character of a filename for the sd card commands to be truncated if the command is sent with a checksum and line number. The reason you are only observing it with the newer build of OctoPrint is that that includes a bug fix that has the file be selected again on each print start (with linenumber and checksum active) because otherwise multiple consecutive prints of the same file are impossible due to how the firmware works.

Your firmware needs to include this commit or M23, M28, M30, M928 and M117 are broken this way: [github.com]

Done the fix in the firmware by replacing "starpos-1" with "starpos" and now it works fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login