Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TCT+Personalize 2015

Posted by neildarlow 
TCT+Personalize 2015
August 03, 2015 04:25AM
Hi,

The TCT+Personalize 2015 Show is a two-day event being held at the N.E.C., Birmingham, UK on 30th September and 1st October 2015.

I am presently undecided on which day to attend and am flexible if anyone else is intending to visit and would like to meet up. I am looking forward to quizzing RichRap about his SLA printing experiments.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2015 04:25AM by neildarlow.

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
Re: TCT+Personalize 2015
August 03, 2015 09:34AM
I would love to attend but I suspect I'll be busy with my day job as I was last year.
I'm also very interested in Rich's adventures in SLA so I will follow this thread and update it if I can make it - would be nice to meet some fellow contributors!
August 04, 2015 04:59AM
Hi,

I tried to attend last year with no luck. To much other things.
This year I blocked all other thing around the date. So I'm happy to fly to your island.
I plan to visit Bletchley Park as well on one day.
Do you stay there for a night? I'm looking for some evening pub talk after the show.

MfG / Regards

Stefan

Blog / Gallery / Wiki / Mendel90 kit since Sep 2013 from Nophead / Original Prusa I3 MK3 since Feb 2018 /
OpenScad Workshop: Kursdateien
Octoprint Patron since April 2016
August 05, 2015 03:40AM
@bastard: I know some of last year's attendees met up for a meal afterwards. There are places to eat nearby I believe. Perhaps the same can be done this year.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
September 07, 2015 07:51AM
Hi,

I have decided to attend TCT+Personalize on the 1st day (30th September) on the basis that any after-show meetup is more likely to take place on that day. I expect to arrive around 10:30 AM and will be present all day.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

September 07, 2015 09:04AM
Hi Neil,

my flight arrives at 9:50 AM. I should drop my baggage first in the hotel and enter then the show.

MfG / Regards

Stefan

Blog / Gallery / Wiki / Mendel90 kit since Sep 2013 from Nophead / Original Prusa I3 MK3 since Feb 2018 /
September 10, 2015 10:36AM
Hi,

I finished all arrangements and bookings. I'll arrive on Wednesday at 9:50AM. After leaving the airport I'll drop my baggage at the hotel across the street. Then I'll enter the train station and walk to hall 3a at The NEC.

Neil - do you stay the night in Birmingham?

MfG / Regards

Stefan

September 11, 2015 07:42AM
@bastard: No, I have a 2 hour drive home afterwards.

September 27, 2015 10:07AM
Booked my train for the 30th September and will arrive at the NEC around 11:30am. I will be there for 3hours or so - dictated by train timetables smiling smiley

Alan
September 29, 2015 02:44AM
@Alzibiff: I am sure that will fit in nicely for a coffee break. See you tomorrow.

Regards,
Neil

September 29, 2015 05:39AM
Great! Coffee sounds good.

MfG / Regards

Stefan

September 30, 2015 02:35PM
That was a very informational meeting. I enjoyed it very much Neil! Too bad that Chris did not show up. Until now I did not receive a call from Richard, but that's not a problem ... my feet hurt ... I'll stay in my room.

MfG / Regards

Stefan

October 01, 2015 03:21AM
@bastard / @neildarlow - How did you guys actually get to find each other and meet up? I headed straight for the RepRap Community area (and kept returning) spending quite some time staring at the names on badges but as you will know, failed to make contact. Had conversations with SallyRapRap, the Locks and RichRap though ... which was nice!

Hey ho!

Alan
October 02, 2015 02:12AM
@Alzibiff I had @bastard's (I cringe as I write that) mobile number and we located each other by text and calls. It is very difficult to find individuals at these events but we were looking out for you.

My impressions of the show this year were that there has been little innovation since last year. RichRap directed me to the BCN Sigma which is a nice printer. I am currently drawn towards a dual-extruder machine and the construction of this one looks really good. One improvement would be to make it totally enclosed but with the dual Bowden tubes I suppose that would be difficult.

If I came away with anything from the show it would be that the trend is towards lightweight hotend assemblies (motors are all mounted on the chassis/case) and 1.75mm filament is becoming more dominant.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

Re: TCT+Personalize 2017
September 05, 2017 05:05AM
Hi!

Same procedure as two years ago. I'll arrive on 26th at 11:00 - is anyone else there?

MfG / Regards

Stefan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login