Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem printing Z-axis threaded rod nut trap on new X-ends

Posted by Timmschn 
Problem printing Z-axis threaded rod nut trap on new X-ends
December 13, 2015 07:06AM
Hi all.

I started building a Mendel90 over a year ago. I wanted to print the parts myself on my Prusa i2, but the X-motor-end always came out crooked due to warping and the motor did not fit the box.
Now I tried to use the new X-ends, which come out fine exept for one detail:
The nut traps for the Z-axis threaded rod will not slice.
I understand the reason for the bridging on top of and below them, but Slic3r seems to ignore hollow geometry with no link to the outside.

Since I only used Slic3r and have no experience with other slicers, do you have any tips at all? can I get slicer to respect inside geometry? Can anyone help me with modifying the STL to punch a tiny hole in the bridging of the nuttrap to connect it to the outside?

Thank you all in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 07:07AM by Timmschn.
Re: Problem printing Z-axis threaded rod nut trap on new X-ends
December 13, 2015 03:24PM
You must use Skeinforge to slice the X-ends. Slic3r does not produce the single-layer membrane as you have discovered.

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
December 15, 2015 03:18PM
Thank you, Neil. The Problem is, i tried working with skeinforge but I can't seem to get any working gcode out of it :-/
December 15, 2015 04:09PM
If Skeinforge fails to output G-Code (it just appears to hang) this is often caused by the Comb setting. Try disabling it in the active profile and slice again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2015 04:09PM by neildarlow.

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login