Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Original dibond files

Posted by Physikant 
Original dibond files
February 26, 2016 03:45PM
Hi!
Since my mendel90 is now somewhat working, I wanted to print a holder for smaller spools than the unusual 300mm ones. I bought some spools of 1kg PLA which are all around 190mm, so I thought the holder adaptor from this thread (http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?292,192199) would be a good idea. After printing it, i found that it is too small for the spools i got. Also, the standard mendel90-spool holders are too broad so the spool is sitting on the holder instead of the ball bearings.
Being frustrated from all the spool holder failures, I decided to design my own holder fitting for the narrow 190mm spools I got. I wanted to start from the kit mendel90 holder, but there my problems went on:
I found several versions of the holder and the filament receptor attached to it in nophead's git repository. I began with printing the filament receptor, but alle versions found in the git repository (even the one in the dibond folder) are far too long for my kit parts (that's not a problem of my printer, i compared the distances in the file with the length of my kit part).

So, long story short:
Is there an online repository where I can find the stl-files for the original kit parts, so I can reprint them?

Thanks in advance!

Nikolas
Re: Original dibond files
February 26, 2016 05:20PM
The files that match the kits are here: [github.com]. There shouldn't be any changes to the spool holder dimensions so I don't know why you find the dust filter is too long. The E3D version is a bit longer and the sturdy and mendel versions will be slightly different.

The spool dimensions are defined here: [github.com] so theoretically you can define a new spool size and it will generate one to match. I haven't tried a small spool on a full sized machine though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2016 05:24PM by nophead.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Re: Original dibond files
March 06, 2016 04:42AM
Hi Nikolas,

I had the same a year ago. So I searched thingiverse and found a clever solution. I modified it a little and for more than a year I'm very satisfied.

You can download the files here.

MfG / Regards

Stefan

Blog / Gallery / Wiki / Mendel90 kit since Sep 2013 from Nophead / Original Prusa I3 MK3 since Feb 2018 /
OpenScad Workshop: Kursdateien
Octoprint Patron since April 2016
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login