Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with ramps board on dibond printer.

Posted by olegodo 
Help with ramps board on dibond printer.
March 09, 2016 07:17AM
Hi,
I have just replaced my broken Melzi board on my Mendel90 Dibond printer.
I bought a Ramps 1.4 all in one board off ebay with DRV8825 stepper drivers.
I also bought Silent stepsticks (TMC2100) for the X and Y axis.
I have connected my end stops to X-min, Y-min and Z-max.
I downloaded Nopheads latest firmware from his github and adjusted setting to ramps 1.4 board, changed the steps pr mm and so on.
At the moment everything seems to work as it should. The printer homes all axis and after homing I can move the X and Y axis through Repetier and when homed the m119 commands shows x-min, y-min and z-max as H (high).
But I cannot move the Z axis after homing it. There seems to be some kind of error as it moves .1 and 1mm towards the end stop after homing, witch is bad Uttrykksikonet tongue and then I can move it the same amount back down. But moving the Z down towards the bed is not possible.
Anyone have any advice?
Re: Help with ramps board on dibond printer.
March 09, 2016 09:19AM
You need to put jumpers on the three unused endstop inputs or they will only move in one direction.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
March 09, 2016 09:31AM
I read about this in another thread about the same issue. I have jumpers connected on the unused endstops.
Connectors marked blue is jumpers and red is actual endstops.
I see that I have connected my endstops between the - and signal pin on the terminals. Is this maybe my mistake?
Attachments:
open | download - MKS-Board.jpg (130.5 KB)
March 09, 2016 10:28AM
The switches and links should be between ground and signal.

Z Min should be low to allow it to move down. What value does M114 have for the Z position when homed.

March 09, 2016 11:59AM
Picture to show how the endstops and jumpers are connected. Should be correct right?
And a picture with what m114 and m119 gives me.

Thanks for the help so far. I really appreciate it!
Attachments:
open | download - m114m119.JPG (15 KB)
open | download - DSC_0220.jpg (272.3 KB)
March 09, 2016 12:15PM
I don't know to be honest. If Z is at 203 then it should only be able to move down because of the soft limits. The limit switches are only active during homing unless you have changed that.

Are you sure the Z motors are going in the right direction? If you step up 0.1mm does it go to 203.1?

If the Z motors are wired backwards then it would home in the wrong direction but if it was already homed that might mask it.

March 09, 2016 12:26PM
I home Z. Then press the Z 0,1 movement button in Repetier and the Z axis moves UP. After this, m114 gives med Z202.9
I guess the Z motors are moving in the wrong direction then. What settings in marlin should I try to change? If I reverse the motor wires (or reverse it in marlin) it would home the wrong way right?
March 09, 2016 12:56PM
Unless you changed the firmware it can only be the motors that are wired backwards as the original firmware is set up correctly and known to work on RAMPs as long as the endstops are wired correctly. Did you ever see it home upwards from a position below the endstop?

This line inverts the direction signal, which is the same as swapping the wires [github.com]

This line sets the logical homing direction, which is positive to home towards the max switch [github.com]

March 09, 2016 02:04PM
Ok.
I have found the "problem". Repetier-Host.. For some reason it does not want to move my Z axis correctly. I loaded up a gcode file and hit print just to see how it would behave and everything works as it should..
I should have tried that a long time ago before I started asking questions. eye rolling smiley
But I am relieved that it works now! Some calibration work to do now and I can finally start printing again.

Again, thank you for the help and quick response nophead. I really appreciate it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login