Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Filaflex

Posted by Alzibiff 
Filaflex
April 20, 2016 04:45AM
Hello,
I have done some searching on this forum but not found anything in the last 12 months or so to answer my question but has anybody used/tried Filaflex in a "standard" Mendel 90 which uses the Wade's block type extruder?
I got a wee bit carried away at the last TCT show in Birmingham and bought a small spool of the stuff but have not yet tried it. The Recreus website suggests that some modifications are needed for use in this sort of extruder given the lack off stiffness in the filament.

Thank you,

Alan
Re: Filaflex
April 20, 2016 05:27AM
Hi Alan,

look here. All I wrote is still valid.

MfG / Regards

Stefan

Blog / Gallery / Wiki / Mendel90 kit since Sep 2013 from Nophead / Original Prusa I3 MK3 since Feb 2018 /
OpenScad Workshop: Kursdateien
Octoprint Patron since April 2016
April 21, 2016 12:24PM
Hi Alan,

I am currently adjusting the Wades Block so that I can insert a PTFE liner leading to and from the Hobbed Bolt and Idler Bearing. I have some 3.2mm ID/6.2mm OD PTFE tubing for this purpose.

As far as actually printing with flexible material, I have not tried that yet. I will print a few modified blocks (I always like to have spares) and then put one in place and give printing a go. I am sure there are lots of caveats to making it work.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
April 23, 2016 05:20AM
Sounds interesting Neil - would be good to see how you get on with this project. Keep us informed!

Alan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login