E3D Chimera on "sturdy" mendel90?
July 27, 2016 06:02PM
I built my Mendel90 "Sturdy" (1/2" MDF frame) a few years ago. Had a couple of upgrades since then, including a more easily adjustable belt tensioner for the "Y" carriage, and an E3D-V6 hotend. I am now considering switching to a dual extruder system, and I rather like the E3D "Chimera". Anyone here installed a Chimera on their Mendel90? If so, did you do your own re-designing of the "X" carriage? How did you mount the Bowden extruders, and what do you do for spool holders?

Also, I am looking for someone who has already done so (possibly on the standard Mendel90 carriages) to modify the "Sturdy" carriage STL to fit a Chimera, if possible - I never did understand OpenScad (or any other CAD software, for that matter... tongue sticking out smiley ).

Thanks!
Re: E3D Chimera on "sturdy" mendel90?
September 25, 2016 07:49PM
Anybody? Nobody?
September 26, 2016 03:32AM
E3D used to run Mendel90 themselves, so they may have a carriage design.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
September 26, 2016 04:48AM
Found out they did, but it was not meant for LM10UU bearings. STL files only, so I don't know if they can be modified (and I wouldn't know how, even if they can be modified): Chimera/Cyclops carriage for Mendel90 - Thingiverse
September 26, 2016 07:49AM
You could try asking them for the OpenScad source file as I expect they modified that rather than completely remodelling it.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login