Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing in bottom left of bed only

Posted by setherith 
Printing in bottom left of bed only
April 21, 2018 03:15AM
Hi guys, I desperately need a sanity check on my setup...

Pronterface is giving me what I think is accurate manual control. I can home all axis, and move to specific coordinates with G-Code in the console, but everything I slice is causing the printer to start in the bottom (nearest me / front) left corner?

Strangely, this seems to be the same in Cura, Slic3r and Skeinforge.

After moving house, I stowed the printer for over a year and no longer have the computer I used to print with. I grabbed the firmware from Nophead's GitHub repo and managed to flash my printer with Marlin 1.0.0 rc2 and since then I've been experiencing this horrible issue sad smiley
Re: Printing in bottom left of bed only
April 21, 2018 06:07AM
The firmware I supplied for Mendel90 has the origin in the centre of the bed, so you need to set up the slicer to place the object at 0,0 instead of the corner. In Skeinforge that is on the multiply tab.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
April 21, 2018 12:40PM
Ideal, thank you!

Managed to get the prints centred with Skeinforge. Now the age old battle of getting ABS to stick to the bed smiling smiley At least I'm back in familiar territory.
April 21, 2018 12:48PM
Kapton tape works well for me to stick ABS to the bed and it lasts a long time.
When the bed has cooled the prints either come loose by themselves or require minimum force to remove them.
April 21, 2018 01:23PM
Thanks again, Amazon order in, just waiting for the week to begin before I start my next trials smiling smiley
April 21, 2018 07:16PM
I prefer PET tape to Kapton tape for ABS.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login