Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Official firmware?

Posted by Dust 
Official firmware?
May 16, 2018 09:09AM
Is there an official firmware for Mendel 90?

I've just been handed a "sturdy" and asked can you make it go... Its in a sad state... Has never been finished.

Person was self sourcing + official plastics, has managed to acquire a interesting selection of miss matched parts.

Of the two controllers the melzi 2 with a 1284p is the better of the two options and the one I'm trying first.
Re: Official firmware?
May 16, 2018 09:45AM
May 16, 2018 10:02AM
I already did..

I see nopheads Marlin, and I also see it hasnt been updated in 3 years

So the answer is no... and I should just go with a current marlin.
July 10, 2018 11:20AM
trying to get this vertion of Marlin to work with my Gen 2 Mendel P V3II (I say V3II because it has been extensively Modified over the years) I am having trouble making mine Home Z.
No matter what I do it still behaves like I have the endstop Triggers set wrong... no matter what I do I have checked the plugs and they are all in the right way. X and Y are fine. I know how Sprinter works and how to fix this problem but Marlin has done away with this setting making it Impossible to fix Ill just have to Re-position the endstops I guess

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2018 12:08PM by Justinjjhcs1.
October 19, 2018 10:01AM
The official firmware is the one from Nophead that hasn't been updated for years as the Mendel 90 is no longer being developed further. I built mine 5 years ago and it is still running well with the original firmware.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login