Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MDF Parts wanted

Posted by TerryK 
MDF Parts wanted
September 27, 2018 10:39AM
Hi,

I've got an old Mendel (Prism style) which I haven't used for a while. I'd like to refurb it by getting MDF or Dibond panels for it.

Can anyone supply these? (I'll post in wanted also.)

regards

Terry Kidd
Re: MDF Parts wanted
September 28, 2018 07:21AM
The MDF version of the machine is designed to be made by hand from rectangular sheets. In the UK I can buy MDF cut to size in B&Q. It is done on a saw that ensures perfect rectangles.

You can then print the PDF drill templates and tape them over the top, prick though the crosses to mark the holes and then centre punch them. You do need a coping saw to cut out the gantry after drilling the holes in the corners.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
September 28, 2018 10:05AM
Thanks, I'll download the files from Github and do some printing. I think my local Bauhaus will cut the MDF to size for me.
October 05, 2018 01:22PM
Well, Bauhause supplied and cut my MDF for under 6 euros. I tried to find some of those B&Q plastic sheet connectors but Germany doesn't seem to have them. I found something close that will do the job but the hole spacing is slightly different.
October 05, 2018 03:35PM
They are intended to be printed parts. They are not the same spacing as the off the self variety which I found to be very inaccurate.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login