Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 1.1.9 for Mendel 90

Posted by scooter_seh 
Marlin 1.1.9 for Mendel 90
April 07, 2020 12:59AM
When I was upgrading my Mendel 90 dibond to an E3Dv6 hotend, I forked Marlin 1.1.x and made all of nophead's changes to it. I added the code for the J-Head and Mendel90 bed thermistors for people to use the code on a "standard" Mendel 90 by only changing the Z_HEIGHT_MM, TEMP_SENSOR_0 and the default PID settings. I have a homemade I2C LCD Screen that requires me to change to the PANELOLU2 settings, that are also included. I built the code using Ardunio 1.8.2 and the MightyCore hardware core to flash the Melzi Controller. I had to flash the newer optiboot bootloader first using an Ardunio Uno as a ISP flasher. I only did limited testing on my printer, so please use caution with it. If anyone has issues please let me know.

My Marlin Github

Thanks,
Scott
Re: Marlin 1.1.9 for Mendel 90
April 19, 2020 10:55AM
Thanks for what could bee a most wanted solution for the years old problem.
Problems / questions:
How to get the Melzi folder to turn up in Arduino -> tools -> boards?
Not at all sure on the values Z_HEIGHT_MM; Z_HOME_POS; and how to set them in configuration.h

Running Mendel 90 with all nopehead std. since late 2014
May 01, 2020 12:05AM
I installed the MightyCore hardware core using the Arduino board manager. The Mendel 90 Z homing switch is at the top of the machine. This Z_HOME_POS need to be set to the distance between the top homing switch and the bed. In nophead code this value is defined as the Z_HEIGHT_MM value. I used this same variable name to match his code. To figure out this value out, I lowered the nozzle manually to the bed and used a piece of paper to check the height. nophead has detail instructions on his website about this process.
May 11, 2020 09:38AM
scooter_seh
I installed the MightyCore hardware core using the Arduino board manager.

Hi @scooter_seh,

I'm afraid I'm a bit of a novice at the Arduino stuff, so was wondering whether this means that you burned a new bootloader based on the MightyCore using the Sanguino compatible pinouts? Or what is it that using MightyCore gets you? I have a copy of Sanguinololu's which I would want to update if possible.

Regards,
Craig

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[blogger.kritzinger.net]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login