Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Replacement board for my Mendel90

Posted by Psike2k12 
Replacement board for my Mendel90
February 12, 2021 03:24AM
I would like to use my old Mendel "Dibond" by nophead again after a long time.
But unfortunately, since the middle of last year are strange waves in the back of my print.
I have everything cleaned and recalibrated, there is also a post from last year.

Now I have no more idea and would like to change to a newer controller board variant, does anyone have any suggestions?
Re: Replacement board for my Mendel90
February 12, 2021 04:32AM
Sorry I didn't see your post about ripples when you posted it. I doubt changing the controller will make any difference.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Re: Replacement board for my Mendel90
March 01, 2021 08:24AM
I've just replied to your other post but I agree with nophead here, I'm not sure if a new board would solve the issue.

If you did want to get a new board anyway, there's a great blog post here documenting the upgrade process from another Mendel90 user [janoc.rd-h.com]

I'm currently considering switching to an SKR board with some TMC drivers to try to reduce the noise of my printer a little and upgrade to Marlin 2.0. I'd also like an LCD and a Z probe but I can't achieve this on the Melzi because I have the original Atmega 644P, which has very little space for additional features.

I don't think I need all the features of the SKR pro so I'm looking at the SKR 1.4 turbo, which can be had for as little as ~£20 from banggood. I also don't think it's worth getting the TMC2130 like in the blog post, the TMC2208 should be fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login