From Durham
February 26, 2013 08:00AM
Hi,

I'm in Durham and finished my ReprapPro just over a week ago.
I've managed a few prints and i'm starting to get into different settings and it is starting to get messy!

i'm interested in discussing settings and share experiences in front of the machine.

My strength is 3D design with Autodesk Inventor...

Rom.
Re: From Durham
March 27, 2013 08:59AM
Hi Rom,

Where abouts in Durham are you?
I'm based in Darlington and have a mash up of a prusa air with a few tweaks of my own?
I'd be more than happy to meet up.

Jay

Based in Darlington, North East
March 27, 2013 09:10AM
Cool!

i'm in Belmont.
currently, i mainly print in ABS though i have some PLA on order.
My prints have improved a lot since my initial post here mainly after i recalibrated it.
i replaced last night the T2.5 pulleys on X and Z so i will try tonight if this improves my prints as i think i am getting a lot of backlash and slips on the belt.
since i'm trying to use kisslicer primarily, there is no backlash compensation like in skeinforge.
i've also designed a stand for for the reel of material made from 20mm conduit fittings ad pipe! came to £15 so far and i want to install a small motor on it to drive the material. will post a picture later.

Rhum51.
March 27, 2013 09:55AM
as promised...

March 27, 2013 02:07PM
Looks good.
I use my original prusa frame just to hold my plastic reel.
I tend to print ABS too. I've ordered some of that new plastic though to see what its like.

You may be able to eliminate some backlash by switching your belt type from t2.5 to something like GT2 or HTD3.
Do you have a photo of your printer?

I'm having issues with my hot end and extruder at the moment.
And I've moved away from pololus as I set one on fire.
I'll take a photo later if you're interested.

Jay

March 27, 2013 05:29PM

April 02, 2013 07:54AM
Yours looks a lot more neat and tidy than mine!

photo IMG_20130328_160923_zps980a420e.jpg

April 02, 2013 08:13AM
Well....only coz the misses made me tidy up the conservatory!!! take the spagettis out and mine was looking the same....
April 03, 2013 03:19AM
Will have to share some tidying tips then.

I've got some of that new plastic for 3D printing just before easter and have given that a go.
Warps like buggery but the layers knit together well.

How do you find the stability of the threaded rod frame?

April 05, 2013 08:04AM
For tidying it up, i'm not usually that organised but...
-i used a lot of cable tie for the wiring.... (i bought a big pack of coloured ones from B&Q for £1!)
-have bin close by for the scrappy bits lying about!

For the stability, i dont have any issues... but i'm not printing yet at higher speeds.
July 28, 2013 02:27PM
hiya guys
teesside lad here (thornaby)
been umming and arghhing over building a 3d printer for a while now and have decided to make the jump, im going to build a prusa mendel i2 from scratch sourcing parts as cheap as possible...any tips for local purchases?
Also if any other local reprappers have the urge to print the plastics for a prusa mendel with extruder that i can pay i cash on collection for i would be a very happy teddy grinning smiley
all the best
mike
March 16, 2015 07:53AM
hi im new too this based in hebburn was wondering if there is anybody in the area can help me sort my prusa i3 out as had numerous problems with it had too replace nearly every part can anybody help please
January 07, 2018 10:02AM
Just dropping note. im from Chester-le-street/Consett. I have an Anet A8 and do alot playing with the marlin firmware. Have a RAMPS 1.4 Board coming and a Megatronics V3.1 board. Some TMC2130 baord which are clones by look of it but enough to get me doing till legit ones come in stock.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login