Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Howdy!

Posted by cassetti 
Howdy!
September 21, 2012 07:30AM
Hello All!

Been in Delaware my whole life (how boring!). My boss bought a Makerbot Replicator for work, and that got me hooked on printing. I've since decided to start building my own Prusa clone called Ecksbot. I'll be posting a link to my blog at some point with my build progress if anyone is interested.

I'm in Wilmington (Elsmere Area) if you're interested in reprap or you have one, let me know! there's so few of us geeks in this state. I don't even think there's one hackerspace in the whole state!
Re: Howdy!
November 02, 2012 10:35PM
Howdy Hay! I'm stuck in Delaware too! I am 3d printer girl, check me out on YouTube. I'd love to check out your blog and see how you're doing with your build. I'm in New Castle area. You are not alone smiling smiley.
November 02, 2012 10:42PM
Hey, I'm reading some of your old posts. We have everything in stock necessary to build a RepRap. I will take care of you, fellow Delawarean, just let me know what you need, and if you need any help.
November 02, 2012 11:52PM
Haha, thanks.

I've actually finally got my Ecksbot (prusa i2 variant) running. Just in time to take a week's vacation in vegas, I'm going to spend the whole week thinking about it lol. I've actually got 2 printrboards I could use help with. If you know how to troubleshoot PCB's send me a PM.

Check out my build progress here - [www.flickr.com]

Still working out the bugs (like replacing my cracked glass panel on top of the HBP. And leveling the build platform should help.

Here's a video maiden print: [www.youtube.com]
January 30, 2013 07:55PM
Hi you two,
I'm in Newark working on an ABS Prusa. I need to get a few more socket cap screws. I tried to go cheap and get nuts solely and ound a few spots where there was no substitute. Really excited to finish this and get some plastic printed.

No clever comments or anything just wanted to let you know you aren't alone in the Small Wonder.
January 30, 2013 09:38PM
Welcome!

Pm me if you get suck or need a hand, i am 15 minutes down Kirkwood highway.
Its a long journey, but well worth it. I built my prusa i2 from scratch, took 4 months before i had a functional printer.
February 01, 2013 06:12PM
Cassetti. Many thanks! I will keep this in mind if I get stuck. I'm not sure how much time I have sunk into it so far but I am super close to having all the parts. Just need some socket cap screws.
February 01, 2013 08:16PM
McMaster.com, I assume you are building a metric model, since there are so few decent SAE models out there....

Pm me if you need item numbers, I have a partial bom of McMaster parts for my metric prusa Mendel printer
February 03, 2013 11:50PM
Im also located in Newark let me know if you need anything
February 04, 2013 08:52AM
Wow! Another local!

What kind of printer do you have AJdoodler? I'm looking to use this year's tax return on a new (more stable) printer, still haven't decided on which one
February 04, 2013 09:57AM
I use a solifoodle and i plan on Building a mendel max with my tax return haha
February 04, 2013 09:59AM
Solidoodle**
February 04, 2013 10:32AM
Haha, I was looking at a Solidoodle, but wasn't too impressed. I was about to pull the trigger and build a MendelMax 1.5 last month, but then version 2.0 was announced that addressed MANY of my concerns, unfortunately it's still in beta! So I'm probably in the market for a dual extruder printer.
June 04, 2013 07:57PM
Casetti, are you up for assistance still? I am stuck with my power supply. Bought a new one and am just petrified to hook it up to the RAMPS board. I'm really lacking when it comes to understanding electronics. Do you have any expertise in this area? Please let me know. Thanks in advance
June 04, 2013 07:59PM
Should have replied rather than just posting more content. Here is what I added>

Casetti, are you up for assistance still? I am stuck with my power supply. Bought a new one and am just petrified to hook it up to the RAMPS board. I'm really lacking when it comes to understanding electronics. Do you have any expertise in this area? Please let me know. Thanks in advance
June 04, 2013 08:32PM
Possibly, shoot me a pm
August 19, 2013 06:18PM
Hi! I'm in Newark. Pike Creek.
I run three printers. Ultimaker, Replicator, and Robo3D, so I guess not officially reprap, but still born from the same movement. Will be helping a friend build his own self designed reprap soon.

I'd be up for a local get together sometime to compare notes if any of you are.

On top of the printing, I've been doing some pretty neat stuff with the lost pla process and would love to share.

I also am testing the waters for reselling colorfabb.com PLA/PHA filament in the US. Would be glad to provide some samples for locals!

blog at printedsolid.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login