Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Western Sydney Hands on Help Required

Posted by stoney 
Western Sydney Hands on Help Required
August 08, 2012 08:08PM
Hi guys,

Ive had my prusal mendel up and running since june july not sure.. I wasnt get any decent prints until I downloaded SFACT from thingiverse.. Though it did dramaticly increase the quality of my prints. Im still only getting b grade standards.. Im getting a few problems which I thought was due to tempatures but lowering didnt fix anything... the easy one would be I pretty much certain that my heat bed slightly riases in the middle is there anyway of fixing this, or atleast some sort of counter.. also once my print get over lets say 5mm they start bowing inward on the walls.. and my 3rd problem is Ive printed some printer parts and they are slightly smaller then there ment to be for eg. I printed a Z motor mount for a prusa combined with the vertex and rod clip.. although the print looks satifactory it wont fit a nema 17 motor fom memory its atleast 5mm out all around.. now Ive calibrated it within .1 or .2 of a mm. and it shows with 20mm cal box. The motor mount seems to be consistantly smaller throughout..
Ok onto my thoughts.. I would like to meet up with other reprappers in the local area if there are any, maybe a few vetrains would like to meet other people on the weekend or at night through the week.. something informal, to help each other troubleshoot and maybe work on a project together in similar fields. I dont mind programming.. I wouldnt mind checking out the Linux club noticed a few people go there.. Please reply or pm me if you are interested in helping out or coming along for the ride to get some help with your own reprap problems.. I live approx 15min west of Blacktown to give you a indication on how local I could be to you..

thanks for reading this long msg, and I look forward to meeting a few people, if your not in the local area and still want to lend a hand please dont hesitate to message me..

Kind Regards
Jared
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login